Collaboration: School Set Design 01

Test Rendered Set and Props 
Test Set Render 
Test Set Desgin
Set Side Wall Design
Set Floor Design
Set Back Wall Design

Leading up to transferring our project onto Maya, I decided to try and prepare a test render and design of the school sports hall on Maya, to see how it might turn out in a 3D layout and start thinking about different ways we could improve it. Initially I wanted to have the images be projected onto the 3 image planes and rendered from there however I found that they didn't show up in the render view so I had to thin and stretch out four cubes and project the wall designs on the Uv's, which I felt has done a good job at creating the set like appearance we are going for.

I also wanted to try and see how the props, such as the basketball hoop and the mat would look and so far I am also happy with the effect they are creating within the set, and I think it helps to amplify the world we are trying to project, which is also why I also decided to make the set walls look so scruffy and rough, as in the universe we wanted the set to be designed by the children, so I made sure to find a brush that gave the textural appearance of a real world paint brush and experiment with making hand prints. The hand prints I feel give off the effect i'm looking for, although I might change the red square in the middle as I am worried, combined with the hand prints it makes the back wall look like a murder scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development