Fantastic Voyage: Finch Rig and New Model

 Started rigging my Finch for the wings open model, using the tutorial for the human rig and altering it as I went along, so rather then having a shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand I have a shoulder, wrist and what I'm calling a pinky joint for the last two, which I will have bending in individually. I then added on three more longer fingers joins that will help move the wing forwards and backwards.

 When making the joint I didn't know what I wanted to do at first, so I created a control behind the wrist control and had it there until I decided that I just wanted the joint to turn forwards and backwards, so I eventually replaced it with another circle nurb that I will use for the bend, by doing this I don't know If I will create custom controls for the wings and instead might just restrict the rotate control instead for the animation.




 When I had finally made the rig I realised also that the joints where extending outside the model so I had to re a-just them so they fit.
 After I did that I experimented with moving the joins around and realised that the rig wouldn't be able to suit some of the controls I wanted as easier as I would of have liked, so I decided to make a fourth model, combing one of the wings from the T posing Finch and the other from the wings down model to place it onto of the rig with only one of the arm joins and doing the same controls on that one.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development