What if Metropolis Thumbnails 08: Building Design Progression 2: Sharp Buildings

Batch two for my building designs, this one was a bit more difficult to construct, because I had to design the sharper, more rough buildings different to my curved ones, while also keeping a consistent style flowing in both structures, and I think I managed to accomplish this, although I am still not as confident in these buildings as I am in the curved ones. I took inspiration from Japanese and Chinese temples for their sharp, tall structure and their use of angels and symmetry, while comparing that to modern architecture and seeing what I like and how I will apply it to my structures. I would still like to experiment with colour on the designs however, as there one note colour pallet is making them appear a bit bland, so I think I explore that after my final redesign for my Hero prop.

Comments

  1. Liking all the 'nuts and bolts' stuff going on here... in terms of colour, my advice would be to colour pick (via Photoshop) from Kandinsky's paintings themselves - just go back to the source.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04