What if Metropolis Thumbnails 07: Building Design Progression 1: Curved Buildings




Taking on some more advice from my last thumbnails, I decided to look more in depth into the mechanics behind my buildings. So firstly, I decided to start this by looking at the curvy, light coloured buildings and finding a fixed design for them first, as I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ones I ended with in my original 75 thumbnails. I wanted to concentrate on establishing the universal style of them, as at this point I'm planning on each of the buildings being slightly different within their categories (so curvy or sharp buildings), but being recognisable through the different styles. Then, I  wanted to research and designs different doors and windows to see how I could change them up and how they fit within the buildings and the context from my travelogue. I looked at Zaha Hadid for these designs, as I felt the curvy, bend of the buildings suited the style I was looking for, while also looking at individual designs for the doors as I could find any door ideas from Hadid's work.

One issue that I have come across is that, upon designing these windows and doors I now realise that I also need to change some structures from my travelogue as they don't fit, or made it difficult for me to realistically design these features within the city itself.

I will end up looking at material for the structures, but for this bit I just wanted to establish some of the smaller bits within the buildings to allow me to understand them a bit better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04