Premise: Room Design and Development





After finally deciding on a character design for the lead in my story, I decided to take that design and explore I will approach the environment where the story will be set. I wanted to look at making the room look very dull and also mismatched and dated to suit the juxtaposing feeling it has against Drew and how they feel being within the environment and how it feeds into their feeling of loneliness. I want ed to have an obvious focus toward the room looking old and not suited for Drew by looking at dated carpets and duvet designs to show how ill suited the room if for them, so I mainly focused on 50's patterned and designs.

I also wanted to explore how I could structure the bed before finally comparing how I wanted the room to look colour wise. I am struggling to decide whether the rom looks good or bad against all the unflattering colours and designs, and as well which room conveys the idea I had for it the most effectively (e.g it previously being a young girls room that was quickly changed to accompany Drew, while also being not properly owned by someone long enough to have the carpets changed or the walls re-painted properly). I also have to consider that I want a lot of the room to be shot under heavy shadows, so I don't want it to be too dark or they might not show up well enough in the final film.

While I'm progressing onwards I am going to gather some feedback on which design looks the strongest, and will most probably develop the room better further down the line as I don't think its quite there yet.

Comments

  1. FYI - Images have disapeared? restricted access?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the same applies. All fine in terms of design/drawing etc but its hard to judge them in relation to story at the moment. The more you know the story the more you're able (and will do it naturally) to 'draw the story' in your designs. Think of it like 'staging theatre' as opposed to just drawing a room or a character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04