Life Drawing Reflective Statement

Although I have done life drawing in the past, I feel I have become more relaxed doing it in this past year. Starting off in September I was already confident with doing life drawing from a fine art standpoint, so I used charcoal and tried to stick with the techniques I learned from those classes which I feel worked well to draw realistically, but didn't show off my style as much as I would have liked. Near the end I feel that I have shifted to being more relaxed, using a sketchbook and drawing more in my own style I feel has allowed me to grow and develop more comfortably and see how I have developed in my own style rather than just trying to stick closely to the rules I got taught in fine art classes. From my work I wish that I would of have experimented more with different materials, as I became a bit too safe using a pencil and white paper and would of have liked to use more inks, paints and colours in general to express more in my work, but I am very happy with how a lot of the pieces have turned out and to see how I have grown to suit a sketchbook sized page with the models and the backgrounds, I think it has also help me solidify a style that I look forward to growing with in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development