Sound Experiment 04

 Today I decided to record some more natural sounds, this time seeing how the sound of wind would sound through a window before I recorded it outside, as I think the slight whistling noise through the window would make it sound more interesting, I am planning on collecting more natural sounds, but I wanted to see how it would sound before I progressed onwards in case the background noise was too much in comparison to the wind and ruined it.

 For the second sound for my second image, I wanted to continue to find something more sharper so I tried to record the sound of cactus spikes, particularly if I ran my fingers through it, as it makes a very sharp, high pitched sound that I think could work better, especially if I could replicate the sound to reflect the more smaller portions of the image.

 Lastly I wanted to try and collect a more electronic sound for image one, to match its sharp, electric colours so I wanted to start by recording a microwave, as I thought is humming noise could be used as an under current in the sound, so I tried recording it from different distances as its quite loud, and see how the variation would play out, rather than me editing it later on.


Comments

  1. I'm excited to see what you come up with in your final sounds Odette! I loved this project in my first year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's time you coupled your pictures with the actual sounds you recorded: create your Vimeo account if you haven't done so already, and get your sounds uploaded as embedded videos - you could always use your photos as 'thumbnails' for the videos, this identifying them and keeping track of your resources too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Premise: Room Design and Development