What if Metropolis Thumbnails 13: Building Orthographs




After going through the designs that I came up with for the buildings and the shops, I decided to only use the extra rectangle props (the objects that look like canopies) on the shops, as I feel they make the building feel more like a shop or business, while also helping to visually separate the shops and restaurants from the houses. I didn't want to drastically separate the designs as within the city they are all grown and created form the residents, so keeping them similar would reflect how they view buildings and show how isolated the city it is from other influences. I only went with a cafe and a music repair shop orthography, as I only have a limited frame and wanted to only use buildings that would explain something about the city, so the cafe would show that the city is open for tourists and has a social side, while the music repair shop tied the music elements from Kadinsky and the cities creation into the design, for my OGR I will put this with the object orthologies that I features within my last post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development