What if Metropolis Thumbnails 12: Furniture and Buildings Design

From some further feedback I decided to add more detail into my city by designing some props, like flower pots and signs that would go into making my city feel more realistic, as the original designs and thumbnails I had created I feel, felt very bland and repetitive until now. I tried to link the objects into the world, such as by sticking to the 'tree like' growth of the buildings in my other thumbnails, as I though it would be suitable to do the same for the poles and signs, with the actual signs being man made by the residents. I experimented with having wooden signs or the signs be made from the buildings themselves, but I feel the wooden ones are more suited as I'm worried that having the signs be brighter colours might make the scene too bright and bold, and so run the risk of looking extremely childish rather then like Kandinsky. The wooden ones I think add a bit of realism into the world, and help distinguish the man made from the growing structures. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development