Jetpack Jones: Head Texturing (Attempt 02)

Initial First Render (Old Texture)


Mudbox Preparation Attempt




Final Photoshop Texture


New Texture Added


Render and Skin Attributes Edited


Maya Texture View


Final New Texture Render 


After taking a break from finishing Jetpack Jones I decided I wanted to have one last go at trying to complete the face texturing part of the tutorials, as I was unable to complete it due to an issue with my initial models UV's. I decided to try this on an older file where the Uv's where undamaged and see how the process would have gone if the Uv's were not an issue, and unfortunately like the torso I was unable to import in the face to Mudbox due to the site continuously crashing and refusing to open the file, so I had to settle with winging a lot of the highlights in Photoshop. Because of this I deiced to go light on the shadows, using only one tone and applying it on layers with various opacity until I came to a degree that I liked. I did have to run through a few edits because of the Uv operation between the nose and the face, but after a while I finally came to a texture that I liked.

Looking at the final render I do wish that the tones were darker in some places, however I am also happy that I didn't go too dark because I was worried it would appear more like face paint or makeup around the lips if I did, so I am happy with the amount and darkness I went with and how it turned out in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04