Character Design: Client Project Test








For this lesson we were each assigned grouped and asked to complete a client based task to create a character, concept and prop set all while adapting to realistic prompts and deadlines the client might request. For mine, me and my group were assigned to create a character based off the Tv show Troll Hunters: Tales of Arcadia, so I was assigned the hero archetype and came up with a female hero, whom like Jim Lake from the show is given the power of an amulet and tased with helping out the trolls when she eventually comes into her royal heritage and power. I imagined her to be very strong, but also very reluctant, so gave her a hero type figure, with the square shoulders and stop legs while also trying to not make her look traditionally feminine, as I was also working alongside to parallel her against her villain character, whom we tried to keep as opposing as possible, so for my character I tried to keep her looking androgynous and feminine at the same time.

We also designed some car designs, so for mine a lot was combined with the characters side kick, because we wanted them to be complimented well, which is why there are varied designs on that aspect, as well as the props, of which I gave her two, one being the neckless, which contains that amulet that gives her power and her staff, to link her to the arthurian mythos the show is based off.

Overall I had a lot of fun designing this and enjoyed the process of creating and intwining the character into the world, while also trying to make them something separate and original on their own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development