Character Design: Research and Caricatures




For our first lesson we had to research and practice drawing items that were specifically assigned to use to help us practice research for our own assigned characters and to get an idea of how to research items fro assigned projects in the future. This element of the lesson I found difficult at first to get into, as I struggled to let myself research the item and then take the time to draw it, rather than just drawing as many reference images as I could so I could get a better grasp on the item I was assigned, but eventually I got the hang of it and got used to putting the research first and exploring different images of the item (mine was a Traffic wardens hat). We then got asked to design a character for the item, and for mine I went with a giant, angry traffic warden which I had to show in the characters outfit and expression, this along with the caricature bit I still find a bit difficult as I'm still trying to be more experimental with my drawing style and show more of a variety of expressions within my drawings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04