Sound Experiment 03



 For this sound experiment I decided to try and find inspiration from the outside world, of which I found a typewriter and recorded someone pretending to type on it to get the different clicking sounds and the deep metal sound it makes, which I liked and thought would be useful for my third image. I think with some editing though Audition, I could see how to make it incorporate with the other natural sounds I recorded.
 Next I deiced to record this hairbrush, because the bristles where fine enough that I felt it could suit my second image better than the audio I collected of flicking through book pages instead, I think I would like to go and collect some more audio for it, as it's a bit limited and  would like to get some more to show the layers of the image.
Lastly I wanted to get some audio for image one so I decided to stick with the water theme and get some bubble sounds to replicate the bubble like things within the image, I recorded two sounds, one that was more at the bottom of the bowl and one that was more at the top, to see which one I liked more and would suit the tone I wanted for the image.

Comments

  1. Hey Odette - lovely to see these photos capturing your sound adventures... just give your text a second look, you've got a few typos in there... Just a visual tip - maybe consider taking these 'archive' images into Photoshop and 'black and white-ing' them - so they register as 'documentary' - and also think about ways in which you might present them more creatively in advance of your submission - so perhaps building them into an 'Art Of' style journal... I just think there are opportunities here to add further prestige and visual impact to your project archiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development