Sound: Experiment 02


 Continuing on with my sound experiments, I decided to look into other sounds like the laundry pods made yesterday, so I decided to try something my organic like a fruit, so I tried peeling and crushing some grapefruit to see how the sound would play out. I tried using a potato masher, but the metal ring kept clanging against the bowl as well as the base being flat meant the sound was very flat as well, so I ended up crushing the fruit in my hands which I found more effective and diverse.
 I then also moved onto trying more water effects, so I ended up filling a hot water bottle and pressing against it with my hands so the water would move around, which I also found effective for the sound of rippling water for my first image.
 Lastly I wanted to try and collect some sounds for my second image, which is more feathery in design, so I tried as a base to flicker through a book to get the effect of the rustling feathers, but the sound ended up being to familiar to moving paper, rather than feathers, so I tried using some tinsel and rustling it into a ball and have it dangle lengthways so I could run my hands through it, which I found more effective, I think some editing might take the slight plastic sound from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development