Jetpack Jones: Adding a Blink and Some Issues









After some issues and some problem solving I have managed to finish the blink tutorial, however the model still has some overarching issues one being; I cannot get the eye lids to fully shut. Firstly,  I have been aware that this would be an issue ever since I finished modelling the head for Jetpack Jones and so going into this tutorial, it wasn't a surprise that I would not be able to get the eye lids to fully close because when I made my model I forgot to bulge out the top and bottom lids meaning that their wasn't very much geometry to work with for this tutorial.

I did try to fix this issue through the skinning process first, however found that the geometry when weighted would only move up and down the eye, not in and out so I couldn't get the eye lid to un-clip from the cornea. After some wrangling and feedback from others, I decided to do what I could in the skinning process and see if I could then fix some more of the issues through corrective blend shapes, however this also ended up making the geometry worse when I added the pose on to the pose interpolator. Furthermore, I also had some issues with the geometry warping while I was trying to move the vertices, so in the end I decided to go with what I had done in the weighting, as I felt it was more readable and the corrective blend shapes were creating more issues than needed.

So overall I managed to finish skinning and rigging the blink for the model, with the rest going well and the lids being connected to the control properly, the only issue being that they don't close properly when moved. Although I am disappointed I have also considered this a massive learning experience for me around modelling and paying more attention to the model and what sort of issue it can cause in the future, and I think I did need an experience like this to be able to understand it fully so I won't consider it a complete loss and hope I will defiantly carry this experience with me when I make my model for my final project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development