Character Design: Body Language





For this lesson we look at body language and how that helps portray a characters personality and behaviour. We each got put in groups and had one member pose for a prompt while the rest of the team had to draw them, and for this activity I found this quite easy and enjoyable, especially learning how to use different lines, like curved or straight to show if a character is nervous or confident, and for some of the prompts like the crouching beggar and the rockstar pose I feel I got the hang of it and was able to show them effectively. We also had to take those poses and draw the character over it, so I chose to adapt the rockstar pose and make him a rathe rounder rock star to go against type and I feel after some help that I have got the hang of it, although I still think I need to work incorporating body sizes better into my designs to accompany the pose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04

Premise: Room Design and Development