Character Design: Posture and Action

 For this workshop, we got assigned characters with recognisable actions (so I got an archer) and we had to draw them, using an action line to determine what they are doing and then use that to change up the gender and size of the character while keeping the characters action the same. I enjoyed this lesson, although struggled with portraying the archer effectively at first, because the position is so rigid, I struggled to make it look dramatic and also static at the same time.



Then I got assigned an action and then a character, so for this I got a sprinting gladiator, which I struggled with because I used a pose for the sprinting motion, but tried to exaggerate it and ended up struggling to keep the exaggeration and the realism of the sprint ( so I couldn't get the opposite leg and arm movement right without it making the pose look slow) so I ended up restarting the image, but not completing a full sprinting gladiator pose.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Experiment 04